Header Graphic
Coon Lake Improvement District
2008 - 2009 Meeting Minutes > CLID October 14 2009
CLID October 14 2009
Nov 12, 2009 --

         CLID  Board Meeting Minutes

October 14, 2009


Call to Order

Chair Mike Bury called the meeting to order at 7:05 PM.


Members present:

ü       Chair                       Mike Bury

ü       First vice Chair               Al Beck

ü       Treasurer                       Ron Croteau

ü       Secretary                      Keith VonDeLinde

Guests Present; Josh Sturman 

Open Forum for Public Comments

No comments were made.

Approval of September 9, 2009 Board Meeting Minutes

A motion was made and seconded to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion passed.

Treasurer’s Report

a)       Ron Croteau presented the treasurer report and stated that we have $53,226.94 in the account.


b)      An increase of $10,000.00 for the check from the DNR grant. Some interest has accrued, however Anoka County has not sent us any statement information since June


A motion was made and seconded to approve the Treasurer report as submitted.  Motion Passed.

Old Business

Ron Croteau submitted a revised form for “Request for Exemption From Property Fee Assessment”. Discussion was held and it was approved to make it available on the website.

Committee Reports

1)       Administration


a)       “Questions and Answers” from the annual meeting; Ron Croteau will update the changes and submit them for addition to the Web site.


b)      Discussed our request to the County for taxation of proposed additional properties on Coon Lake. Ron will pursue this further upon the return of the County Attorney.


c)       Flanders Forest Property Owners Assoc. submitted a request for reimbursement of exempt property.              A motion was made and seconded to approve the request.  Motion Passed.


d)      MN Counties Insurance Trust (MCIT) has sent a proposed bill of $1712 for 2010.


e)       Ron will check on the coverage and confirm that the charge is in line with our needs.



2)       Lake Plan


a)     Patrick Selter is working on a 3-5 year plan and recommends our LVMP to be completed soon. He has suggested for an early spring Curly Leaf Pondweed (CLP) Treatment and a separate EWM treatment soon after in 2010.  

b)    Mike B. will work on getting the LVMP draft completed and ready to sign by the year-end.


3)       Finance / Fundraising


a)       Mike Bury reported and passed out a letter from the City of Ham Lake regarding the request for funding and that the City Council’s consensus was not to approve our funding request due to difficult economic times, and of an email response from the City of East Bethel stating similar message of funding difficulties, however, they would again be providing weed containers for 2010.


b)      A request for funding was made to the County and the response was that the Board was to be voting on the budget too soon to add our request but will consider to add funds for our request on the final budget adoption in December.


c)       Mike Bury will investigate the availability of miscellaneous grants and the possibility of funds from the new “Clean Water Act”.



4)       Communication / Publications



New Business




A motion was made and seconded that the meeting be adjourned at 7:55 PM.  Motion passed.


Respectfully submitted by Mike Bury



Future Meeting Dates


Board- 2nd Wednesday of each month

          November 11th, December 9th, January 13th, February 10th,

          March 10th, April 14th, May 12th, June 9th, July 14th


          3rd Annual Meeting July 28th (Fourth Wed of the month)